Will A Home Security System Work In Cincinnati?
If you’re similar to a lot of residents, you need your home to be safeguarded 24/7. but, does a home security system work in Cincinnati?
The quick answer: affirmative. But, how do you find the most from your home security system? Not only will the sensors and alarms provide excellent protection, the advanced devices give a level of convenience and control you could not have thought about previously. By getting automation, security cameras, and access through a phone app, you can make a secure smart house.
Let's pause a minute and explore why a home security system is a good idea for your property.
Indispensable Home Security Needs
So you can know your Cincinnati home security system works to its potential, you have to get these indispensable home security features:
- Door and window sensors: You could find this weird, but plenty of intruders enter your house through the front door. The other most recurrent targets are back doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, window and door sensors are considered the bedrock of your home security. When the security system is activated and your sensors are disturbed, the unmistakable, high-decibel siren will ring and your 24-hour monitoring professionals will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Get rid of those hard-to-work number pads, as state-of-the-art smart screens now manage your entire system. These hubs can also control your automation, cameras, and monitoring services.
- phone app: The best security system allow you control every aspect of your security system through a smartphone app. Now if device triggers, you have the option to receive a pop-up text to your mobile device. Also, arm and disarm your entryway alarms remotely, set smart door locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- Security decals and yard signs: While there is no technology in a yard sign or a window decal, these will warn a would-be thief that your property is safeguarded.
Can A Security System Keep You More Secure In Cincinnati?
While it could seem like an overreaction to install sensors and download a security app when you have door locks and chose a nice neighborhood, the studies support the notion that home security systems will still protect your house. For example, a study out of Rutger University sees that most burglars will actively avoid homes with a security system installed. They’ll instead opt to target an easier house that is left unprotected.
That correlated with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized homes do not use a home security. In fact, they are 300% more likely to be burglarized than homes that have an alarm system. And while just displaying that your home have an alarm helps prevent break-ins, other things -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also help discourage an intruder.
Of course, modern security systems can perform more than buzz an alarm. Today you can add in some advanced services that make a security system safe and secure.
24/7 Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup To Your Alarms
Does a alarm system work in Cincinnati when they don’t have 24-hour monitoring? Having a backup plan is always the winning bet and 24/7 monitoring from trained agents can ensure the police or fire arrive to the scene quickly after a tripped alarm.
Monitoring experts can secure your home all day long -- whether you are there or not. If you’re out and can’t hear your system going off, your agent will get a hold of you and the emergency agency after a triggered event occurs. Even if you’re home, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure kids and furry companions are all wrangled up.
Get The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Medical Emergencies
When you install your security system, you can choose to cover much more than intrusion prevention. equipment like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be connected to your complete home defense. If an emergency is found, your sensors will respond just like your home security alarms. Then when the loud siren sounds, your 24-hour monitoring team are notified, and a text will come to your smartphone.
There’s even a panic button, which can be conveniently attached to you or a family member through a lanyard, bracelet, or clip. If someone you live with is a fall incident or a medical problem, they can use a two-finger button to notify the monitoring team.
Get Safety, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Today’s smart home components give you a level of control and accessibility you’ve never seen before. They will make your home more energy-efficient and responsive. And when you connect smart devices to your home security system, they will also make your property more secure. For example:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it seem like your home is full when you’re at work.
- Have your hall smart lights illuminate whenever your outdoor camera detects unusual motion.
- Use geolocation to bolt your locks, flip off your smart lights, and decrease the temperature when you leave the house.
- Program custom scenes that can pre-program your lighting, smart thermostat, alarms, cameras, and other components with one touch of a button.
- Or simply check on all your alarms and cameras and manage your alarms and cameras with your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through automation, and you’ll see how much you need a modern home security in Cincinnati. You will also be able to direct your system with vocal commands when you connect your home security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep A Watch On Your Property With Smart Security Cameras
Yard signs and proper lighting are effective home invasion obstructions, but security cameras will take your security to a higher plane. The worst thing a burglar wants is to be taped on a video feed as the footage might be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24/7.
Do you want to investigate the commotion you heard outside? Would you like to say hi to the kids after school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you need to do is to get the clip from your home security app. You might also allow alerts on your phone whenever a delivery person rings the doorbell or they detects unusual motion. Then chat with who’s there with the 2-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Find A Home Security In Cincinnati?
Are you looking for help in creating a security system that works in Cincinnati? Our home security experts can assist in building the perfect alarms, automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Call directly at (513) 230-7397 or complete the form below.