Home security cameras can solely be used as a hindrance—a sign that tells burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come armed with a number of tools all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these features enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Cincinnati.
How To Set Up Your Cincinnati Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is installing your devices in the right places within your home. Interior security cameras need to be placed in frequented spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a great move to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, and patio, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your interior that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Seclusion for you and your guests ought to be a chief consideration prior to installing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Component location is only the first step in utilizing the most from home security cameras in Cincinnati. The features listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your phone whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to automatically start filming when motions are discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your security cameras to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: The majority of modern security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to guests with the unit. Via ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and allows for a more comprehensive look at an area. Opt for cameras that have at least 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up video of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to protect specific spots within your living space.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date texts when the sense unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Cincinnati is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (513) 230-7397 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your security system today.